Saturday, April 11, 2009

Finished or Almost Finished?

I've almost finished the quilt inspired by our play day at Riverhouse. The first photo was the inspiration for my abstract quilt. The second photo is the quilt in process - almost finished! My mother-in-law swears I should call it "done" but my original inspiration included the circular bruises from hammer marks on the wood. I think I have to follow my instinct and add the circular element. Although I love the strong geometry of the piece now, I also want to stir it up with something different.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ellen Lindner said...

I, too, love the angular nature of this, Lisa-Marie. But, like you, I think circles would be an interesting addition. How will you add them? (i.e. how much will they show?) Opaque fabrics, sheer ones, paint, stitching? I look forward to seeing your results.