Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Playing with Molding Paste



At a recent Dirty Dozen meeting, Ruth Anne showed us a ton of cool ways to use a variety of gel mediums. I was especially intrigued with the molding paste, so I came home and began to play with it. The results are fairly subtle in this first piece. In it, I used sequin waste as a stencil for the paste. Once it was dry, I painted the entire piece.


The green piece utilized needlepoint canvas as a stencil, and produced very good results.

I learned one thing: when it comes to molding paste, more is better. The subtle images that I attempted with stamps and such didn't show up very well.

BTW, both of these fabrics were painted with matte medium, before anything else was done.

This was a lot of fun, and I'll definitely try it again!

No comments: