Saturday, June 13, 2009

Asian Fusion: Take Out With a Twist

From Jill Brown
Here is my take on the Brevard Art Museum's challenge using the white take out box. I started with a bright oriental themed fabric and another coordinating fabric. I matched two colors of fusible glass with my fabrics. I then created a "dome" out of the fused glass to fit over the take out box, placing the metal handle through the dome. I quilted the oriental fabric, cut it into strips, then wove it into the glass dome, leaving spaces to show the white take out box below. I then added my bead "steam" on the top of the box.

The dome and box were placed on an oriental style plate, with a pair of chopsticks next to it, ready to enjoy the hot steamy meal inside!

The place mat underneath was woven using the oriental themed fabric, and the coordinating green fabric. They were cut on the bias, at a 45 degree angle (in opposite directions), woven and then quilted.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Paula said...

One of the most creative uses of a take out box ever! Beautifully done, Jill.