Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Board Book Results


I'm having great fun playing with my little board book. (See "Something Different", April 2009.) My plan is to use it as a canvas for quick compositions and experiments.

As my first creation, I made this little paper collage of a strawberry. It was fast and fun! On the facing page, I taped off squares into which I'm spreading various acrylic mediums, to create a sample board. That's fun, too - and useful. I've also done quite a bit of documenting on that page, recording the products and techniques used on both pages.

FYI: As a collage glue, I used diluted gel medium (gloss.) Just like I do with my glued fabric collages, only with a higher water ratio.

Interesting link: I was inspired to do this little collage after seeing the work of Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson. She does fantastic work!

No comments: